Dec 14, 2015

How We Met



The story about how my husband and I met is honestly one of my most favorite stories to tell. Like the majority of couples I know theres at least one breakup and that's the same for me and Levi.

 I was not looking to date, I just wanted to pretend college was like going to a very long youth camp lol. But, we first Met our Freshman year in college. My best friend Anna and I  were going to a food place at our college when we first met Levi. He was very nice and very tall lol. While we were talking to him and his friend I went to get our food. While getting the food I was asked out by another guy. Supposedly, Levi wanted to ask me out after we were talking but when I got back to the table I told my friend I had just gotten asked out by that guy. Unfortunately, my husband gave up and we didn't really talk anymore until our sophomore year in college where we took a bible class together. We both had a last name that began with an "S" so we sat next to each other. He ended up asking me out on a  date that next semester.

 I will never forget our first date because I was a nervous wreck and I could tell he was nervous too because his hands were shaking!! I felt so bad for him, I am so not the nervous maker type haha. He bought Mexican food and all kinds of Ice Cream Sundae stuff to make afterwards and he was just the sweetest thing. We really hit it off and I was so excited when he asked me to go to a Valentines Banquet with him. It was a few months later when he asked me to be his girlfriend on top of the Sears/Willis tower in Chicago. :) That summer I ended up going on a trip to Colorado with his family and LOVED it!! I can't say enough about his family/ my family now. They were absolutely so amazing and so sweet just like my husband. But, the first month back at college of our Junior year I broke up with him. I cried so hard but I knew there were some things I had to get settled with God before we went any further with our relationship. We talked off and on throughout our Junior year but we never made a definite decision to get back together. It wasn't until the beginning our our Senior year that we finally got back together. It was a very hard year for us because I had student teaching and I worked almost a full time job to pay my bill so we hardly ever saw each other. But, we made it through and graduated together :) After a year of living long distance Levi asked me to marry him on August 29, 2014.























The Place in Colorado <3








1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, so cute! And I just read ur "About" page. Love what you stand for girl1
    xo
    http://thejoifullife.com/

    ReplyDelete